Bishops Palace – Heritage Council Headquarters
Client: Irish Heritage Council & OPW
The historic Bishop’s Palace in Kilkenny was originally constructed circa. 1350 AD. The building was constructed from the stone taken from three demolished churches in Kilkenny and is a beautiful piece of architecture of historical significance.
The Heritage Council selected the building as a suitable location for its headquarters, carefully restoring and extending the building inline with the Heritage Council’s conservation values.